Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: In Honor of Sandy West

  1. #1
    moderator Mara Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Please click the link below for a special message:

    In Honor of Sandy West

    Sandy 14


  2. #2
    Inactive Member tim52160's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks mara,most of us are still in shock. we had no idea she was in a hospice or as bad as she was. i've known people who beat lung cancer who had a lung removed. so this , first hearing she had it, then all of a sudden dying. when we thought the medicine we bought her was saving her life . i havent had such a shock since a classmate died from it but she had the galloping kind of cancer. it felt like the scene in cherie's movie 'foxes' when she died onscreen. when most celebrities die, it doesnt seem real, but with sandy it feels like a family member died,. it feels like when you have a death in the family and how the house is before the funeral.since i've known over 30 people at least who have died , it is unusuall for it to feel so personal.thank you for all you did for her. we all appreciate it .

  3. #3
    moderator Mara Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I understand how you feel, Tim. I think all of her close friends are not only saddened and in shock, but a bit angry too. She shouldn't have been taken from us so young.

    Unfortunately, the variety of lung cancer that Sandy had, we were told from the time she was diagnosed that it was inoperable and incurable. All the treatments and therapies she endured were only meant to manage and slow the cancer, not cure it.

    Sandy smoked cigarettes for almost 30 years. I myself smoked cigarettes for over 20. I know how horribly difficult it is to quit, but perhaps those of us here who still smoke can quit right now in honor of Sandy, and we who don't smoke can help keep the others strong and encourage their success in quitting. How about it?

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks a lot Mara! I implore all you smokers to quit.
    If I did it, all those years ago, so can you!
    stop150
    Gus

  5. #5
    Inactive Member The Canadian Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Mara for the information that is a
    wonderful picture of Sandy thanks. That is
    a wonderful gesture by the family to have an
    opportunity for Sandys fans and friends to
    say good bye. And celebrate Sandys life.

    God Bless Warren

  6. #6
    Inactive Member IrishMick's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mara - thank you for being here for all of us. You're right about the anger, I never got to meet Sandy in person and I feel robbed of that opportunity. Too **** young! I lost my mom in 2000 to the same disease and she had also been a lifetime smoker. I also agree with everyone else - it's a good day to quit smoking.

    ~Michaela [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2006
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm a Pulmonary doc and a HUGE Runaways fan (late comer). I've never met Sandy nor saw her play. I only know of her thru her music, interviews, the movie, etc. but also feel a sense of tremendous loss.

    Sandy's cancer (small cell) is the most virulent kind. By the time it is diagnosed, it has usually already metastasized making the chances for survival almost zero. She was incredibly curageous the way she fought. It could not have been easy.

    Her message to all you smokers (and budding smokers) out ther is loud and clear.

  8. #8
    moderator Mara Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got the date for Sandy's memorial:

    Saturday, December 9th, 2006
    @ The Knitting Factory
    in Hollywood, CA

    more info to come...

    BTW, That adorable pic of Sandy is courtesy of Lauren from Blackheart.
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ October 26, 2006 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Mara Fox ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tim52160's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mara what is the deal with the forest lawn thing. the site says sandy is not there. i would like to send flowers.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member CatMoon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2006
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Forest Lawn may not list the funeral information since it is going to be a private funeral. I have been to private funerals and I don't recall that the information was made public. They probably arrangements for flowers etc. to be delivered though at these.

    I have never smoked cigarettes, but a lot people I know do. It would be nice if they all could quit - but I know they say it is very hard. Harder for some than others.

    Also, that is a great picture of Sandy and I wish I could attend the memorial service. I am sure it will be beautiful. [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic